advanced financial modeling
This seminar builds on your existing financial modeling skills and deals with more sophisticated topics so that participants can use those techniques to better analyze financial data, master their sensitivity analysis and risk modeling skills.
By identifying the factors that could cause variability in a model’s output, users will be able to estimate their likelihood and impact and optimize the decision process. The course is focused on the use of financial modeling in corporate situations like project appraisal, cost of capital estimation and company valuation.
As a result of taking this course, you should be able to:
1. Streamline model building by applying best practices.
2. Incorporate risk and uncertainty by creating scenarios and performing advanced sensitivity analysis.
3. Use advanced Excel formulas and scenario modeling techniques.
4. Minimize manual tasks and automate them by building macros into your models
5. Enhance model structure for more accurate analysis and forecasting and minimization of errors.
Course topics include:
1. a review of logical statements, Text Functions, use of Range Names, Lookup Functions, Scenarios/sensitivity analysis using Data Tables, Goal Seek, core Financial Functions and
2. mastering of Conditional functions , how to Remove Duplicates , Pivot Tables & Charts , Conditional Formatting, how to Import Data into Excel , From a Text or Word File , Using Web Queries to Import Data From the Web , The Spreadsheet Model development Process , Auditing , Error Trapping, Excel Solver tool , how to use excel to Solve Optimization Problems, use of Monte Carlo Simulation.
The seminar is designed for users who are competent in Excel and want to master their financial modeling skills. It is assumed that participants have a very good knowledge of the core functionalities of Excel and use advanced spreadsheet tools and functions on a regular basis.
Mr. Dimitris Leimonis
Application – Software Used
Participants are required to bring their own laptops and have installed Excel 2007 or 2010, Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader and PowerPoint. Mac users need Excel 2011 for the spreadsheet part and can use the respective applications for opening word documents, presentations and pdf files.
Who Should Attend
Financial Analysts, Accountants, Finance Managers, Consultants, Valuation & Budgeting Professionals, Investors, Business Students wishing to develop modeling skills.
Locations / Venues
Our courses in Athens are held in our Training Center at Chalandri while when we run them in other cities (Thessaloniki) are held in centrally located hotels. Registration fees include morning cofee/tea and refreshments. Detailed venue descriptions, times and logistics are included in the material we send after your register for the course.
Instructor – Short Bio
Mr. Dimitris Leimonis has more than 18 years of experience in a wide range of roles in investment management, banking, and professional financial training industry. Dimitris has extensive knowledge of the financial industry, with both practical and analytical experience, which makes him a very successful financial modeling expert. He has built, developed and used financial models to analyse risk, test scenarios, forecast results and optimize business and finance variables.
While working for a major asset management firm in SE Europe, Dimitris acquired extensive investment experience by managing a range of mutual funds and affluent client’s portfolios. He has worked as a mutual fund manager, managing money market, bond and equity mutual funds with AUM around €2billion. He has strong quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to understand complex financial structures and his a passionate financial trainer of advanced finance topics, like Financial Modeling, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, & Fixed Income.
Dimitris started his academic studies in Banking & Finance and continued with post-graduate studies with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Lebow College of Business – Drexel University, specializing in Management Information Systems and Investment Management. He has extensive corporate training experience and key involvement in the development of the training program of one of Greece’s largest financial institutions.
Certified by the Hellenic Capital Markets Commission as Portfolio Manager and Investment Consultant.
Specialties/ Key Skills: Financial Modeling, Risk Analysis, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Portfolio Management, Asset Allocation, Financial Analysis, Business Analysis, Financial Education and Training
Upcoming Financial Modeling Seminars by Financial Arena
1. “Introduction to Financial Modeling”
- Friday, December 18 from 9am till 5pm
- Saturday, December 19 from 9am till 4pm
Total seminar duration: 15 hours
Click here for more details on this introductory financial modelling seminar or email us at customercare[@]financialarena.gr
2. “Advanced Financial Modeling & Risk Analysis”
- Sunday 20th of December ,from 9am till 5pm OR
- Monday 21st of December, from 9am till 5pm
Total seminar Duration: 16hours
Click here for more details on this more advanced financial modelling seminar or email us at customercare[@]financialarena.gr with any possible questions.
All financial modeling courses will take place at a centrally located hotel in downtown Athens, Greece and each class will have a maximum number of 10 participants so that to ensure the quality of training.
Take advantage of our early bid registration offer (through 18 November, 2015) and save 20% of the initial seminar price. For a limited number of participants there is a special discount, when you register to attend both our seminars that saves you up to 50% of the overall investment.
For more information / feedback please contact us at customercare[@]financialarena.gr or at info[@]myfinancialmodeling.com
Check our Facebook Fan page for up-to-date news on our offerings and topics related to financial modelling and do not forget to share our page with friends and colleagues that might be interested.